1) The terms deep web and dark web are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same. Deep web simply refers to anything on the web that can’t be found using a search engine like Google or Bing, or even DuckduckGo.
This means anything behind a paywall, anything that is password protected, or anything that is dynamically generated and doesn’t have a permanent URL — all of these things are said to comprise the deep web because they don’t exist at the surface of the web.
Conduct your own research on the DEEP WEB and the DARK WEB. Explain the differences and why they exist. Include the types of information that may be found on each.
2) Discussion – Deep/Dark Web
After conducting your research on the DEEP WEB and the DARK WEB, briefly explain what you learned from this research. For this discussion, a paragraph or two is enough to explain your findings.
M w 10 DS
3) In 500 words or more, explain PCI compliance to the database administrator at a large retailer. Consider the consequences for non-compliance. Use at least three sources. Include at least 3 quotes from your sources enclosed in quotation marks and cited in-line by reference to your reference list. Example: “words you copied” (citation) These quotes should be one full sentence not altered or paraphrased. Cite your sources using APA format.
M W 10 CS
4) Using the guidelines provided in this week’s chapter (and other resources as needed), create a step-by-step IT security policy for handling user accounts/rights for a student who is leaving prematurely (drops, is expelled, and so on).You will need to consider specialized student scenarios, such as a student who works as an assistant to a faculty member or as a lab assistant in a computer lab and may have access to resources most students do not.
AK W 1 CS
5) Relate any incident you have been involved with that relates to a security issue.Read and respond to at least two other students Discussions.Post your initial response by the end of day on Thursday and reply to at least two other students by the end of day on Sunday. Post between 200 and 300 words.
AK W1 DS
6) Write an essay of at least 500 words analyzing a subject you find in this article related to a threat to confidentiality, integrity, or availability of data. Use an example from the news.
Include at least one quote from each of 3 different articles, place the words you copied (do not alter or paraphrase the words) in quotation marks and cite in-line (as all work copied from another should be handled). The quotes should be full sentences (no more, less) and should be incorporated in your discussion (they do not replace your discussion) to illustrate or emphasize your ideas.Cite your sources in a clickable reference list at the end. Do not copy without providing proper attribution (quotation marks and in-line citations). Write in essay format not in bulleted, numbered or other list format.
K W2 AC
7) W2DQ Week 2 Discussion Question
Explain the difference between a threat and a vulnerability.
Your initial response is due by Thursday 11:59PM. It must be at least 250 words and have references.
Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Guided Response: Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. Evaluate their discussions by agreeing, disagreeing, or adding other ideas to strengthen or enhance the perspectives presented in their initial posts.
8) W2P Week 2 Paper
Discuss the the threats and vulnerabilities to Access Control and what business must do to be protected.
Length, 2 – 3 pages.
All paper are written in APA formatting, include title and references pages (not counted). Must use at least two references and citations.
Please reference the rubric for grading.
All paper are checked for plagiarism using SafeAssign, you can review your score.
Please use the template to write your paper.
9) JW2 Journal Week 2
Enter a brief paragraph of what you learned this week.