Program Intervention with SMART Objectives
After identifying the public health issue or need, often an intervention is designed as part of the program to begin addressing and delivering resources to the population.
For this assignment:
- Incorporate the changes to address the feedback received.
- Use the feedback from your instructor to address pertinent sections for errors or insufficiencies. Implementing this feedback will help you draft this assignment and your course project.
- Describe the intervention to be implemented.
- Include community resources to be used for the intervention.
- Explain the components of the intervention and why that intervention will be used.
- Analyze how this intervention will be used to address the problem.
- Identify the elements of the intervention, based on theoretical foundation and past studies, that will help to change behavior.
- Based on the literature, why is this intervention the best for the selected health problem or issue?
- Assess population needs, assets, and capacities that affect communities’ health.
- Analyze how SMART objectives will be used to meet the program goals.
- Identify the desired outcome, which could include intended behavior, increased knowledge, or skill changes for the overall program intervention.
- Explain how progress will be measured or evaluated for the program duration.
- Determine what will be considered a success for this health intervention.
- Explain the time frame for success for the health intervention.
- Design a population-based policy, program, project or intervention based on best practices.
- Demonstrate how the selected intervention includes experts from a variety of backgrounds to gain many different perspectives.
- Explain how the intervention involves patients throughout out the development and implementation process to include feedback from potential intervention participants.
- Describe what mode of delivery will be used to introduce the intervention to the targeted population.
- Describe what methods will be employed to reach the targeted audience, including in-person meetings, social media platforms, and peer-to-peer interactions.
- Describe the importance of cultural competence when communicating public health content.
- Discuss how the intervention will be adopted to fit the needs of the community or population.
- Identify how the intervention will be tailored to fit the cultural, ethnic, or community needs of the population.
- Explain why the intervention will be tailored for cultural purposes.
View the scoring guide to ensure you fulfill all grading criteria.
- Paper length: A minimum of 10–12 double-spaced pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Font: Arial, 12 point.
- References: Cite at least eight references from peer-reviewed journals, in addition to your text.
- Format: Use current APA style and formatting.